Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rain and the Memories!!!


While reading Monsoon Memories blog-post from one of my fellow blogger I just thought about some nostalgic memories I have with THE RAIN. Posted few there….then realized why not share it here at my place as well :)

I too have some really crazy and lovely memories linked with Rain just like all of us.

When I was kid we used to collect the rain water at the roof of our house by blocking the water exit pipe and as the water level reached to some substantial level we used to do all sort of mischievous things in it which we can do in a swimming pool.... Imagine it used to be our personal pool: P

Playing football and cricket on the muddy ground, making ourselves totally dirty. I hope everyone has done that. If not, I must tell you, you have missed one of the sheer pleasures which you can have only in Rains.

Then when I got my bicycle, idea of fun changed… We started moving out on our supersonic cycles in the heavy rain. Our main areas of target used to be the street where huge amount of water gets deposit. We used to go there making to & fro rounds of street making our self totally drenched!!! (Now that water is not supposed to be hygienic…buttt who cares: D).

Then bicycle changed to motor bike…and suddenly I found myself in college...Idea of fun now changed to longgggg drives in thundering rain & the eye-crackling lightning, with the cutting "chai" on the roadside tapari, and "bhutta" on the street. Aaah...those were the best days :):)

Then came Pune...first year Rain went just like that…I think it was the symptom of becoming a typical lethargic Software engineer. I used to wonder why people say best season to be in Pune is Monsoon. But next year I found back my love and went for some really amazing Rain Tracks and Long drives in and around Pune. In particular a couple of rides with my college pals are very close to my heart. It was kind of re-union for us. We went to Lavasa and LohGarh. Awesome places...moving there on bikes was the extreme of joy. The way to Lavasa is simply superb. You will get to see the best scenic beauty around Pune on the way!!! LohGarh – the famous trekking place. We by mistake completed two different treks around the hill on the same day: D (don’t ask me what happened on the following day: P)

And this is my 3rd year in Pune...I am utterly excited and looking forward to have a beautiful and eventful Rainy Season. Hoping to add few more worthwhile memoirs to the list :) :)

Mood: Blank

Muzic: Seasons in the Sun!!! (Westlife)


2 comments:

  1. I too had a chance to experience rain in Pune...had an unforgetable bike ride in the rain from Pune to Lonavla.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word for it...Awesome :)
    As I said...Bike rides around pune in Rains is one of the thing which you will not get to enjoy anywhere else. Glad that you enjoyed atleast one remarkable journey :)

    ReplyDelete